cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Contract ending please help

fedupalot
Tuning in

Hi John,

sorry for replying to such an old thread but can you help me? I've been with VM for 13 years and my current contract ends on 23/03/24.  Can you (10 confirm that what you said above still applies and i catagorically will not be moved onto a new contract i.e. autorenewed but will be able to give 30 days notice at any time? and (2) do VM have a formula for how much the increase the monthly payment if you don't move onto a new fixed contract? I'm currently paying £80 a month for tv, BB and landline.  I never watch TV and wanted to go onto internet only but have been told this is impossible when I phone 150 - best offer i got was same deal for £75 a month.  So I'm exploring other options (seems i can get internet only for £30-40 a month which is some saving).  I'm in no rush but i don't want to risk doing onto another 18 month contract by default.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A new post is perfectly fine, it's been done for you.

VM contracts are rolling ones with 30days notice at anytime, albeit a minimum contractual term. That usually correlates with time-limited discounts which are shown on your contract and every monthly bill. There is a popular misconception that contracts need to be "renewed" which is not true - if you want to recontract and have a new time-limited discount, then you can. If you're happy to pay the full price and not be tied, that's fine too. Whatever suits you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A new post is perfectly fine, it's been done for you.

VM contracts are rolling ones with 30days notice at anytime, albeit a minimum contractual term. That usually correlates with time-limited discounts which are shown on your contract and every monthly bill. There is a popular misconception that contracts need to be "renewed" which is not true - if you want to recontract and have a new time-limited discount, then you can. If you're happy to pay the full price and not be tied, that's fine too. Whatever suits you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

concise
On our wavelength

If your contract is coming to an end get out fast is my advise, if you can get Three home Broadband its only £11 a month for 6 months then £22 a year. I love it the routers free and no wires just plug it in.