cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NETFLIX added without me ordering it

Hamiaha
Joining in

This is happening to me as well. Second month I have been charged £17.99 for Netflix through Virgin Media when I don’t and have never had an account with Netflix.

10 REPLIES 10

I have exactly the same problem with Virgin Media. I have been charged for Netflix which I have never joined. They say the charge is not applied by Virgin Media but by Netflix and I must cancel with them. However how do I cancel an account which I have never had.  

Hello Hamiaha

Sorry to hear of the Netflix billing confusion, we understand the concern and appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

We can see you have spoken to the team in regards to this, what did they advise? Does Netflix show on your original contract? How long has it been appearing on your bills from us?

Rob

Hamiaha
Joining in

This is the second month I have been charged £17.99 for a Netflix account through Virgin Media when I have never had a Netflix account. Phoning has done nothing to resolve this issue. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Hamiaha 

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

The Netflix billing isn't something we can activate from here.

In order for this to be added to your bill, someone would have needed to have logged into the Netflix account and updated the payment details to pay through Virgin Media. There would have been a few confirmation pages and the PIN would have also needed to be entered. 

Have you spoken to Netflix in relation to this?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes I spoke to Netflix and as they confirmed I have no account with them and they referred me back to Virgin Media. I cannot log into Netflix as I have no account with them. Other people on Virgin Media have the same problem so I believe there must be an error with your systems somewhere. 

It does not show on my original contract. I’ve been charged £17.99 twice so far. I do not, and have never had, a Netflix account. I believe my account must have been hacked. 

Thank you for coming back to us Hamiaha 😊.

I understand the issue you are having with Netflix being added to your bill, so we can offer the right support and guide you to the right place. Please can you confirm you are not signed into Netflix on your TV?

If you have not taken Netflix out with us when you initially took out the contract then you will have to go to Netflix in order to cancel. If you click this 👉🏼 link, here are ways in which you can cancel your Netflix. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I have tried this but I cannot cancel with Netflix as I have no account to cancel. 
Netflix does not recognise my email address or my husbands email address. Someone else is using Netflix and Virgin Media are charging me for it. 

Thank you for trying for us Hamiaha. 

So I can further investigate this matter 🧐 to see what is going on and how we can help, I will have to private message you.

Please watch out for the envelope ✉.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide