cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house - 18 month contract restarted

apj_uk
Dialled in

Hi,

I moved house in January 2021 and took my Virgin Media 1 Gig Broadband package with me to my new home. I have just checked my current contract and it says as of January 2021, I have 17 months left. Prior to moving house, I was 5 months into my new 18 month contract as I took out the Virgin 1Gig product in 4 August 2020, which attracted a new 18 month contract.

Does moving house automatically mean Virgin lock you into a brand new 18 month contract? 

Thanks,

Aidan 

19 REPLIES 19

No, thank you.

I have to say I have dealt with many people at virgin media over my time with you that had very little customer service skill, but you have been the most helpful by far.

Sorry to bring this thread up again, but I've just realised the same thing has happened to me! 

Was thinking of changing too because the service to the new house is shocking! 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Hi Ally2604, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear your contract wasn't carried over. Usually the only time this wouldn't happen is if you've made a change to your services or accepted a discount. 

We can certainly check this out for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, I'm in the exact same boat. Are you able to pm please so we can discuss this further? 

Hello wilson18,

Thank you very much for joining our Community.
Can I just apologise for you being in the same boat with your contract.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hello,

This has happened to me (moved house, same package) and my contract has re-started from my move date? Can someone please contact me to resolve? 
Thnaks,

Hi @ssmacc73, thank you for your post. 

We're sorry to hear what's happened 😔

Have you spoken to the movers team about this matter? If so, what have they advised?

The best number to contact them on is 0345 454 1111 (Option one, then four, then three), or 150 from a Virgin Media landline or Virgin Mobile.

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

ssmacc73
Tuning in

Thanks for the response Daniel, I've not managed to speak to the movers team (tried on-line chat, but just went round in circles). If the contract is extended to the new move date, would I stay in my new customer deal until that date or would the deals be removed 18months from the original sign up date? (I'd obviously look for a better deal once my new customer deals run out) 

Thanks,

Thank you for letting us know this.

This would depend on when your discounts end, sometimes discounts end within 6 months or they can last the full 18.

All the information should be on your account here Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

RawsonJ
Joining in

Hi, I’m having the same issue with the above, I was wondering if someone would be able to assist me here as I had my promotional offer of my contract end, but it has restarted for another year with an extortionate price and I have been quoted not much less by the renewal team.

thank you!