cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house - 18 month contract restarted

apj_uk
Dialled in

Hi,

I moved house in January 2021 and took my Virgin Media 1 Gig Broadband package with me to my new home. I have just checked my current contract and it says as of January 2021, I have 17 months left. Prior to moving house, I was 5 months into my new 18 month contract as I took out the Virgin 1Gig product in 4 August 2020, which attracted a new 18 month contract.

Does moving house automatically mean Virgin lock you into a brand new 18 month contract? 

Thanks,

Aidan 

19 REPLIES 19

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Aiden,

VM don't tie you into a new contract when you move home unless you have altered your package at the same time.

A member of the forum team should pick this up for you in a day or two and may be able to help, or you can call billing/home movers.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @apj_uk,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

As @newapollo has advised, if you move to a new address then you may be entered into a new minimum contract if there were any adjustments made to your package as part of the move. Do your recall if that was the case?

Let us know if you need any further assistance with this and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hello,

Thank you both for getting back to me, I really appreciate it.

I made no changes to my package when I moved house, but I did take part in the Virgin media WIFI Super Pods pilot/trial earlier this year and I recall someone else on the pilot/trial had a similar issue when they were issued with the newer Super Pods that were part of the pilot/trial and as a result their Virgin Media contract was inadvertently restarted and they managed to get it fixed eventually.

Thanks,

Aidan

Hi @apj_uk / Aidan.

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I'll send you a PM so I can investigate this matter further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hello,

Sorry to drag this topic back up, but I too am having the same issue as the OP, can anyone help me with this?

Hi Scott2940,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your contract after moving looked into, I am sorry if it's caused some confusion for you!

I will be more than happy to help, could you first explain what contract you were on before the move and what it's been changed to incorrectly please?

Thanks,

Megan_L

I was roughly 5 months into an 18 month contract when I moved house that 18 months should have been up now but when I have checked my account the end date now says december which would be 18 months after we moved house.

I did not alter my package so contract end date should not have changed as far as I am aware 

Thanks Scott2940,

I'll be happy to take a closer look into this for you in that case, I'll send a PM over to you now.

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Scott2940,

Thanks for chatting with me over our PM's, I really appreciated your patience whilst I worked on this issue for you 🙂

I am glad that I was able to resolve it fully, if you need any further help please let us know and we will be more than happy to assist!

For now, I hope you have a lovely Bank Holiday weekend. 

Kindest regards,

Megan_L