cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent account set up in my name. now I have a ccj against me and affecting my credit rating.

Marvin79
Tuning in

I have recently been rejected for a mortgage due to a virgin media default. I did not set this account up or have any knowledge of its existence until I was rejected for my mortgage.  I have tried to call and email virgin with no success leaving me with only a few options which is this forum, off com, or the police. I would appreciate some assistance ASAP to resolve this matter and have this negative taken of my credit report.

8 REPLIES 8

Marvin79
Tuning in

Can anyone help please.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

It might take up to several days to get a reply from VM on here.

ok thank you for that.

spell
Knows their stuff

While waiting it might be beneficial to have a chat with your local Citizens Rights Bureau to establish exactly what your rights are (phone or email). Similar issues previously posted have led  to a questionable level of actual assistance from VM although they are pretty expert at being very sorry. Good luck with it.

thank you.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Marvin79,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with a fraudulent account setup in your name. What happened, when you spoke to the team over the phone, were they able to raise the issues to our fraud team? Did they advise anything at all?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

During the call, we were informed that a letter would be sent to the address on file. However, we explained that we do not reside at that address and do not have access to the property. Despite this, we were repeatedly asked for an account number, which we do not have, and the conversation became repetitive.

I requested to speak with a member of the fraud team to resolve this issue more effectively, but after being placed on hold, the line was disconnected.

This situation is concerning, and we urgently need assistance to ensure that any sensitive information is not sent to an incorrect address. Additionally, we would appreciate guidance on how to proceed without having the account number at hand.

Thank you for your  attention to this matter.

We wouldn't be able to arrange a call with the fraud team at our side, but we can certainly look to advise and support anyway we can. 
Please join me on private message so I can collect all the information. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley