cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Volt contract

theyoungsavage
Tuning in

It's end of contract time and I have chosen to shop around rather than pay the surcharge to continue my contract (nope it's not the end of my discount - it is simply a surcharge from where I'm sitting). So I called giving the required 30 days notice, but I overlooked one thing, I have a Volt bundle which included (or still includes?) my wife's SIM with O2. Does anyone know if this will cancel too or if this is now independent of the Volt bundle since O2 took over the SIMs? I would prefer to cancel the O2 SIM separately and deal with one thing at a time...
Also, I expected an email to confirm the detains of the cancelation; I particularly hoped for further explanation of the complication with keeping my home phone number when I go to another provider. The lassie who I spoke to explained it to me but I couldn't follow how my contract could be cancelled but my home phone continue to be billed until I assign another provider. Additionally she couldn't tell me how much I would be billed if this were the case?
I was going to call back today to clear this up, but honestly, life is too short to spend all that time on the phone frustrated..
Many thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I believe the O2 part will not cancel as you pay for it separately. Best to wait for a definitive answer from VM in a day or two.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I believe the O2 part will not cancel as you pay for it separately. Best to wait for a definitive answer from VM in a day or two.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey theyoungsavage, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are leaving us.

With the sim card you would need to cancel this with O2, you can can contact them on 0344 809 0202.

If you are struggling to find all the information you need to get this O2 can send this out for you in the post. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@theyoungsavage wrote:

Also, I expected an email to confirm the detains of the cancelation; I particularly hoped for further explanation of the complication with keeping my home phone number when I go to another provider. The lassie who I spoke to explained it to me but I couldn't follow how my contract could be cancelled but my home phone continue to be billed until I assign another provider. Additionally she couldn't tell me how much I would be billed if this were the case?

You should ask your new provider to request a number port from VM for your current telephone number.  Once that completes it will transfer your number over and close the telephone account with VM

You do though need to have an active landline without any cancellation markers placed on your home phone telephone number to allow that number to be transferred to your new provider. That wouldn't affect any other part of the contract you are cancelling such as TV or broadband.

Complications can sometimes occur and delay the number port, so if a cancellation marker was on the line number it could mean that the landline and number was physically removed from the number pool before the number transfer was completed and you would lose that line number.

The agent wouldn't be able tell you how much you would be billed as you may make chargeable calls before the landline cancellation completes.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali