cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for wrong speed for 18 months!

Aboyy
Tuning in

My 18 months contract was up for renewal so called to see what my options were. We'd always been a 500mb customer and recently upgraded to a VOLT 1Gig package. 

To my surprise (shock), I was told the maximum speed at my property had ALWAYS been 350mb.

This means I've been potentially overpaying hugely for the past 18 months, despite any discount offered. Anyone else experienced this and claimed compensation back as such. I have the documents stating that all of these services were put in place, we even had some guys come over and dig up the road for the 1GIG updated! 

Thanks, A 

5 REPLIES 5

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Aboyy

Sorry to hear of the broadband package confusion, package speed for the last contract and the maximum available at your property. We appreciate you raising this with us via the forums. Welcome to the community.

It's certainly strange that you were put on a package of a higher tier than was available at your current property, it is possible for different addresses on the same postcode to have different tiers available and is usually in the case of MDU's (Multi Dwelling Units or Flats) where these can change from other properties.

We can see you have spoken to the team today, what did they advise in regards to this?

Rob

It’s only four flats in a 150yo building. The whole area apparently can only get 350mb so not entirely sure how it happened twice (once at point of booking to 500mb and then upgrade to 1GB) 

I did, the manager was away so they couldn’t discuss credit or refund. Essentially what I think needs to happen is a refund (cash value not credit) of the difference between a 350mb and 500/1g service for the last 18months – regardless of any new customer discount applied.

Thanks,

A

How did the team leave things with you?

Is a manager going to call you back?

Let us know so we can offer further support if required.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I was told I’d get a call back… but I’ve never had any luck with you calling me back 🫠. 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Aboyy 👋

Thanks for providing an update on this - I'm very sorry you feel this way and have had poor experiences previously. I'm going to send you a private message, to discuss this further.

Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and selecting "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ