cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Damaged by Green Virgin Box on the Street.

Harrymlee
Joining in

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help.

Due to the high winds today, my car has been damaged by a door which came off a Green Virgin media street box. I can’t seem to find the relevant department to speak to about how to settle the matter.

lets just say I am not particularly happy and want to get the matter solved.

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to contact your insurance, they will contact VM. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Harrymlee 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about this! You will need to speak with our insured claims team for further support. I will just send you a PM to give you a little more information about how to do so, and what you will need to include. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩

Thank you for your patience whilst we send this over, the insured claims team look into your case, and they offer further support. 

Wishing you all the best! 🌞

Molly

Harrymlee
Joining in

I thought I would share an update just incase anyone else has the same sort of circumstances.

Update:

Thanks to one of the members from the forum team @ virgin media, Molly T, she was able to provide me an email address to contact a claims division at virgin media and escalate it.

I received an email from the claims department at virgin on 08/01/2024 however despite responding a few times, they have gone silent and have not replied. I also raised a compliant hoping to escalate the situation but again, they have also failed to come back with any sort of update.

I also phone my insurance company to explore my options and was informed, it would be a fault claim despite not being at fault. This would mean I would lose my no years claim and also pay excess. Seems unfair as the incident was a failure due to poor installation of a virgin media cabinet. The insurance company just said it is very unlucky and not much else could be done.

For context the door on the cabinet failed as the door should have a lock in each corner but only has 2 in the top corners. I reported this to virgin media and a engineer came out and just refitted the door on the cabinet without putting on extra locks.

In conclusion, I cannot fault the forum team however the overall experience is pretty poor and I hope to eventually receive an update soon.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the detailed update on the matter Harrymlee,

I'm glad Molly was able to assist further with this matter.

Do keep us posted if you do require any further assistance.

All the best,

Kain