cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Overpayment but No Credit Given

flevermore
Joining in

Hi there,

Bit of an odd one. Since October 2023, we have been paying £76 for our WiFi package due to some confusion and inability to access bills online (flatmate moved out with login details). We have now restored access to this and have seen that our bills are set to 26.50 per month. However, until February, we continued to pay £76 per month using the online "Quick Pay" system, not direct debit.

As a result, we expect our account to be in credit for ~£198. However, we are only in credit for just over £50. We have not stopped paying our bills (though we have now been advised to not pay until April per customer service). However, we believe we should be in more credit than we currently are.

Customer service were unable to give us the card details of the card used to pay online (we wanted to check that we are paying into the correct account, despite using our post code and surname as per "Quick Pay") nor are they able to tell us how much was paid into "Quick Pay", just that the bill of £26.50 was paid in full.

What on earth do we do now? We have lost a significant sum of money to the ether and no one on the customer service line is able to tell us where it has gone.

1 REPLY 1

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @flevermore, and welcome back to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the confusion caused of the payments being made on the account for the services.

I'd be happy to look into this for you and see what assistance I can offer.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Thanks,

David_Bn