cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Landline - Can't make outgoing calls

VicandBob
On our wavelength

I'm not able to make calls on my Virgin landline. I can receive calls, but every time I dial to make a call, I'm just put straight through to the Virgin Media helpline - whatever number I dial. I've checked the Virgin Media website and can't see that there are any problems in our area, but can't get through to speak to a real person at Virgin Media without holding for hours on end.

63 REPLIES 63

I would love to take a closer look into this @patzie so will pop you a PM now.

Speak soon 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @patzie 
I've booked a technician for you to come out and have a look into the issue with your landline. You can find confirmation of the visit via your 👉 online account.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. In regards to the appointment there are some details you need to know about. There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, I have exactly the same problem as the OP, both with dialing out and getting help from the help line. Can you please advise on the best way I can solve this problem?

Hi there @HSV 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are also facing this issue. Can I ask if you have a dial tone at all on the phone? 

Yes, the phone is working fine, but outgoing calls go straight to a virgin help line. My experience is exactly the same as the original poster on this topic.

Thank you @HSV. I have not been able to locate your account via the forums, so I will pop you a Private Message so we can take a look. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

You have to get in touch with virgin media via the helpline.That’s why they cut you off, so you have no choice but to get in touch with them.The phone no longer goes through the telephone line. It now goes through the broadband someone has to come out and swap it over.

They will also tell you they tried to get in touch with you via letters, emails, which is not true. I had no communication whatsoever, nothing didn’t even though I’ve been cut off until I try to use the phone.

HSV
Tuning in

It looks like I'm going to have to cancel our contract and change provider tbh. The Support has been pretty poor and very slow, - after 24 hours they're still trying to find my account despite me giving them the account number, address, statement details etc. Our broadband is not Virgin, but BT, maybe that's confusing them.

Good luck to anyone else going down this route.

Hi HSV, 

We are sorry you're unhappy with the timescales between our messages, I can see Ashleigh is dealing with this issue for you in a Private Message, they will get back to you as soon as they are back on shift. We apologise for any frustration this issue is causing you at the moment. 

Thanks,

Megan_L