cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Landline - Can't make outgoing calls

VicandBob
On our wavelength

I'm not able to make calls on my Virgin landline. I can receive calls, but every time I dial to make a call, I'm just put straight through to the Virgin Media helpline - whatever number I dial. I've checked the Virgin Media website and can't see that there are any problems in our area, but can't get through to speak to a real person at Virgin Media without holding for hours on end.

63 REPLIES 63

Thanks to Carley_S,

1. My issue of blocked outgoing landline calls has been resolved.

2. My landline phone was confirmed to be compatible with the new hub.

3. An appointment was made for an engineer to come and enable the switch over.

Communication was prompt and clear at all times.

Well done Virgin Media Community. You guys should take over the horrible phone support system 😀

Than you very much @Aneil_Sohanta

We do appreciate any and all feedback. Have a lovely rest of your day. 🙂

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

patzie
Tuning in

since the problems with my services going down yesterday my landline wont allow me to call out "outgoing call not possible call blocking is dealing with an incoming call"  I have never asked for any calls to be blocked although both my sister and sister in law are not able to ring me.

I cant make a call to report the fault because I have no phone.

Hi Patzie 👋.

Thanks for reaching to out to us.

Apologies for the delay in replying, are you still currently having this issue?

Please get back in touch.

Sabrina

yes still have the same message

Hi patzie, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that there is an issue with the landline. 

I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. 

Please look out for the purple envelope. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Can you confirm if the landline is plugged into the router or the wall socket? ^Chris. 

router

Can you try it in the wall socket to see if anything changes? ^Chris. 

i get  "line cord error"

I expect the engineers disconnected this socket when they made me go through the router.  

The problem is with the service settings it seems the calls are being blocked by your system.  It will need them to reset it