cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP switchover

Disgruntle
Joining in

My elderly parent, 85, was told she needed to switch over to broadband phone.  There was not an option or told that she could wait  until the deadline. She was informed that the area was moving over. She was not alone.

Since moving to VOIP, she has had no end of connection issues with a very intermittent service.  She has now had  a BUU  installed, as she does not have a mobile.  This unit is fixed downstairs.  So now she has no reliable service in her upstairs bedroom, to call for emergency help.  

What does Virgin customer service suggest?  Well  your answer was contact the council to get an emergency button installed!!!

Although the transfer to VOIP is not mandatory till December 2025, they refuse to transfer an elderly vulnerable  person back to  the old reliable service.  Instead they  are suggesting that she looses more of her dignity and independence by paying for an additional council service- rather than ensuring that she has a reliable service that she can access from  her home 24.7 that she pays for!-  Disgusted & outraged

Please if you have elderly relatives ( who are not tech savvy) do not encourage them to switch over, the new technology is  not reliable and will prove to be more  of an issue for them

1 REPLY 1

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Disgruntle.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our community.

We are very sorry to hear about the issue with your parents VOIP switch causing un needed issues,

I would like to take a look at getting this resolved for you both.

To do this though. I just need to take some details over a private message.

If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L