cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS for Superhub 5

forshawj
Up to speed

For my mums BT fibre & hub then as she runs the telephone through the hub for the lifeline. BT sent her 2x free UPS battery and this means in event of a power failure then the wifi & telephone will not be impacted…

As my home telephone line runs through my virgin hub then thought it good idea to get hold of a UPS … but wonder if there is a recommended UPS and one which would have hub connection.

any suggestions?? 

2 REPLIES 2

nleaney
Dialled in

I have my hub (as well as some other equipment) running on a UPS.  The only thing I would caution against is the fact that while your hub may continue to work on battery, there's no guarantee that broadband service will continue to work.  It would appear that the cabinet that serves my connection isn't on a UPS so if I suffer a power outage, more often or not, the entire neighbourhood (along with the comms cabinet) loses power too so I end up without Internet access.  The engineer who swapped my service over to a SuperHub based landline yesterday suggested it could be an issue.

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @forshawj 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. In the event of customers who have a lifeline connected to the phoneline and have been switched to the new 21CV 9Century Voice) based phone system, we can provide a back up battery in the event of a power failure. Please contact our team in order to make arrangements and update any account details for customers that require this service.

There are more details on this that can be found here 👉 Landline.

Thanks

Sabrina