cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone again on Land Line

BL1
On our wavelength

Hi

Yet again I have no dial tone on the landline, 2 days now at least. Am unable to ring to get help so trying this way hopefully the web page doesn't crash as that's another issue I've had since June! Is anyone else having these problems? Can someone please help with this as I'm paying for service I'm not getting again.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello BL1,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your landline once again. I have looked into this and can see that an engineer visit will be needed to resolve the issues that you're experiencing. I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

BL1
On our wavelength

Reported above again on Thursday, engineer came yesterday now fixed. For months been having problem with emails and phone, several conversations with Virgin to no avail. Finally fixed after being told we had been switched to new system! No emails or letters informing us of this happening. We now need new phones as our main phone won't work on new system. Would like to know if we will get compensation for this and whether we still need to pay for line rental as it now works via hub not phone line? Look forward to receiving an update on this. Thanks for eventually fixing it!

Morning BL1

Thanks for your post and for the update, we're really pleased to hear that the issue has now been resolved. We're sorry again that you didn't receive a notification from us advising of the system change.

Everything would remain the same from a billing standpoint, it's just the technology that has changed, so you'd continue to be changed for the landline service, however if you are seeking compensation, I can see that you have recently been in PM with Steve so I'd recommend dropping him another message where we can discuss this further for you. 😊

Beth

BL1
On our wavelength

Hi

Was a little hasty with my earlier update, so here goes. Engineer came on Friday got phone working explained we'd been changed to the 'Digital' system - hadn't had any notification of this. A Dongle was fitted to the Router and we had to juggle phones, need new ones actually, as the main phone only worked downstairs in the wall fitting. However, we do have a phone downstairs and upstairs at the moment which we need to replace now when we buy new phones. Thanks to Jack the engineer. It also seemed that the emails were working too after the reboot of the Router, but premature! Today I have tried to log into emails, getting same 'Oops can't connect' message then eventually lets me log in after several attempts. Have tried to send an email to test if it's working, it's still telling me the 'server unreachable' and dropping out. I'm really fed up now as it's obviously a problem with your website/system as everything else works on the internet!

Please help, also, is there compensation for all the weeks/months I haven't been able to use what I'm paying for properly?

Thanks

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You've posted quite a few queries on different subjects (phone and email) and in different forums.

The only compensation you might be eligible for is this, for a total loss of service on your phone or broadband (if it meets the various conditions of the auto compensation scheme)

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Email is not covered. If you feel compensation is due you are likely to have to negotiate this with VM (most probably via a formal complaint).

Assuming you are using a VM residential connection, it is for domestic use only (you mention business use in your other posts/topics).

VM's residential email service is totally unfit for any kind of normal domestic use, let alone business use. Many on here often question how long VM will keep the legacy email service running.

You may have a more successful experience setting up a business email on a business broadband/phone connection as VM's residential provision is based on a 'best endeavours' basis with no SLA.