cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Dial Tone

Holdenshouse
Tuning in

So got a text from Virgin to say "carrying out essential work " etc etc.

Broadband and tv works fine BUT since then I have not had a dial tone. No outage in my area so just me.

Phoned up went through the usual try this, unplug this, connect your phone direct to the hub, reboot etc.

Finally after a reset of the hub, I got a dial tone.

BUT after about 10 minutes there is no dial tone again. If I reset the hub I get a dial tone again for about ten minutes. ( I do hang up in those ten minutes before you ask)

Anyone please help - I need my landline

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for messaging with me, glad I could get this booked in for you. Please keep us posted with how you get on!

Zoie

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Holdenshouse 👋
Thank you for your post and I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with your landline, I have had a look and as you have advised your phone is connected via the hub, I checked to see what is going on with the hub, and there have been lots of dropouts and there are issues with you upstream which will be causing the problem. 
We will need to book a tech to come and take a look, I will pop you over a PM and we can go from there.
Thanks 😊,
Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for messaging with me, glad I could get this booked in for you. Please keep us posted with how you get on!

Zoie

Holdenshouse
Tuning in

All resolved thank you. Harry the engineer was excellent, exactly what you hope for when you have a fault. He replaced the hub and phone adapter and all now works fine.

Thank you for organising the call so promptly. Excellent service.

Great to hear @Holdenshouse 

Thank you for letting us know this is all resolved for you now and you were happy with the engineer 😁

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley