cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline worked on Hub 4.0, not working on new Hub 5.0

Stepples
Tuning in

Hi, 

I recently received the new Hub 5 after 2 hassle-free years on Hub 4.

My landline was previously connected to the hub 4 via the dongle with no issues. 

I switched to Hub 5 tonight and I've now got no dial tone, no incoming and no outgoing calls.

My handsets say "Check phone line".  

I've rebooted the hub multiple times. 

I have no landline wall socket to test. 

Telephony is disabled in the Hub admin panel, but I have no option to enable. 

Any ideas what's happening?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Stepples, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear that since the switch to the Hub 5, the phone line hasn't been working. I can see the new hub is active but the provisioning status is set as failed. 

I've raised this with the relevant team and they should come back to you directly within the next 24 hours. 

Please keep us posted on how things go and if you need further help, you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Stepples
Tuning in

Hi Kath, 

Thanks for replying! I'm still waiting to hear from the relevant team. Do you have an updated ETA from them?

Thanks again!

Sorry to hear there's still an issue Stepples,

I've had a closer look at things and it looks like an engineer is now needed, I've popped you over a private message to confirm a few details before arranging this.

Alex_Rm

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me over private message Stepples,

I've arranged an engineer visit for you now, you can view the time and date of the appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

Stepples
Tuning in

Many thanks!

In case it helps anyone else having the same issue...

The engineer who visited me couldn't do anything other than check for hardware faults. There aren't any, so he has referred the issue to another department who can fix the problem remotely.

It was supposed to be fixed within two hours, but that was three hours ago.

Hi Stepples

I'm very sorry to hear the issue is still ongoing.

After having check things from our end, an engineer visit shouldn't have been booked for this fault as it's a problem on our system that's causing it. Your telephone service just hasn't been registered properly.

I've raised this with the relevant team so they can provision your landline. They should have this completed for you within five working days.

I'll pop back here after five working days to see how things are.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused there.

Beth

Hi Beth,

Thanks very much for your help.

Given that I use multiple landline to work from home and haven't had it for over a week now, what sort of compensation am I entitled to?

Thanks again!

Hi Stepples

No problem at all.

Due to the fact you've had no landline service due to an error on our side, we can certainly look at this for you once the landline service has been activated and fixed 😊

Beth