cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline No Dial Tone

J_O
Tuning in

Hi, I am unable to make or receive calls on my landline.  There is no dial tone for calling out and incoming calls receive the message "it has not been possible to connect your call, please try again later" .  The Virgin media service checker says no phone issues in my area.  I have tried calling 150 from my mobile and cannot get through, it says "it has not been possible to connect your call, please try again later".  I have tried all the options in your help text - the phone is connected directly to our hub which is working well.  Your help bots are useless in this instance.  Can you please help resolve this issue.

8 REPLIES 8

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @J_O 

Welcome to the community forums

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your landline at this time. 

Can you please try full rebooting your router for us to see if this resolve the landline issue. 

After the reboot please let us know if you have any dial tone or if anything else changes on your service. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I've tried the reboot but still no dial tone.

Can you advise how you have your router and landline connected?
Do you have the an adapter between the landline and the TEL 1 port of the router or does your landline connect directly into the router's TEL 1 port?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

my landline plugs directly into the TEL 1 port of the router. I've checked the connection and it is secure.

Thanks for coming back to us, have you ever been able to use the landline since it converted to the phone line via your router?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Yes, it was working OK

HiSteven

I've just tried the line again and it's now working. Thank you.

Glad to hear that its all working for you now J_O 👍