cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have VM broadband, how to add landline service?

SusiTrooper
Tuning in

I seem to have signed up to a broadband-only deal (~250Mbps) instead of a broadband and phone/voip package.

Is there anything I can do as I don't want to lose my old phone number if at all possible?

Is it even possible to add a phone package to bb-only package? If so how much?

It's only really for incoming hospital/family calls, hence not wanting to lose the number I've had for over 30 years.

Thanks for answering.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SusiTrooper 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

In order to discuss getting a landline service added on, we'd suggest contacting the pre-installation team on 0800 052 1734.

You should be able to port your number in from your old supplier as long as it's still active. 

Please let us know how you've got on after speaking to the team.

Regards,
Daniel

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SusiTrooper 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

In order to discuss getting a landline service added on, we'd suggest contacting the pre-installation team on 0800 052 1734.

You should be able to port your number in from your old supplier as long as it's still active. 

Please let us know how you've got on after speaking to the team.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel.

Thank you for the helpful reply. Just spoke to CS and they were very helpful.

Unfortunately for me, the costs of a replacement package with broadband and phone line is going to be too expensive.

We were with Plusnet who said that on renewal (early next year) we would be losing our PSTN line and getting broadband+voip as part of the POTS switch-off. That's why I went for the VM broadband-only signup as I stupidly thought a voip number was a trivial thing to do. My fault.

So, I've just started ringing round and contacting everyone to let them know of the end of our old number.

On the plus side, no more extremely annoying solar panel sales calls. We already have panels...

Thanks again, Susi x

Hi @SusiTrooper, no problem at all.

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Daniel