cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net email locked

SueAgnew
Joining in

I too have had my virgin.net stopped and am going around in circles.  Mine is also locked.   I had virgin mobile until they moved it to O2 and they said my free virgin.net would have been closed because of that, and limited remaining time but I had no warning.  I'm trying to speak to someone but keep getting pushed from Virgin Media to Virgin Mobile to O2.   So I still consider myself a legacy customer (mobile) and am happy to close the email account if I have warning.  Virgin has gone down hill and I'm removing all my associated account with them (banking, mobile everything).  If there is a contact number I can speak to about the virgin.net I would happily recieve this.

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@SueAgnew

To use legacy email you need a VM broadband account. The phone account will not have been connected to it.  You will need to get a new email address.

Virginmedia has nothing to do with other Virgin products. The US company that owns the company just pays to use the Virgin brand. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SueAgnew

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community. 

We are sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your virgin.net email account.

As jpeg1 has advised, email accounts need to be linked to an active broadband account with us to remain active.

If it is not, these are closed within 90 days however there has been instances where email accounts have remained active much longer in error.

What is the message you receive when you try to log into the account please?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

soong-
Tuning in

I have been battling for well over 10 years to get VM email accounts reinstated. I have lost money on not being able to access other sites that I used the email for a login and the only way of logging in is using the email address because it sends a 2FA code which now goes to a dead VM email address. I only needed it reinstated to change it to something else.

This with Virgin's semi stealth forced upgrades in speed then increasing the monthly bill later which now is £79 for the 1Gb package I have to leave after 23 years. It was Blueyonder when I fist had it, Strange how they keep the primary Blueyonder email address working all this time but the virgin.net and virginmedia,con just get deleted or disabled.

I now can get another provider 900Mbs both up and down on a £29 offer for 2 years (VM 1GB down 50Mb up)

The latest joke from them when forced upgrading me from 500Mbs to 1Gb was sending a contract to the virgin.net account.THEY deleted.

Bye Virgin you should have sorted my email out.

BTW I have gone through the support thing many times over the years with no resolution. And putting RESOLVED on my posts which seem to have now been deleted is a lie.

Hi @soong- 👋

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I do apologise but if your mailbox is no longer connected to an active broadband, it would have been deleted within 90 days after your services were disconnected. As such, we would be unable to re-instate this.

Kind Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Proof it is all cut and paste replies, you didn't even read my post through by your reply.

Bye Virgin you should have fixed my email years ago

Thanks for coming back to us soong-. Would you like us to look into this further?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L