cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access Blueyonder email via web

gn27
Joining in

Hi, Please help.

I am unable to access my old original Blueyonder email mailboxes via web - mail.virginmedia.com. No passwords or changes have been made by myself at my end. This problem started occurring within the last week. I have had no communications in these mailboxes about any proposed changes.

Every access attempt results in a password error. I have tired multiple browsers with/without incognito mode and devices. To no avail. Unable to reset password on the page, it goes into a loop and nothing is clear.

I have a new Virgin Media BB account, but not sure if the old email accounts were ever linked. Its an original Blueyonder address with 4 stub accounts. I am not sure where to go to reset/administer these.

I am still able to send/receive email to these BY addresses via email client on mobile using IMAP/SMTP with the same existing passwords.

Please help, I need access to these mailboxes and going forward maybe have them linked to my new BB account so I can administer these and avoid any future potential issues like this.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@gn27  Your post suggests that the blueyonder email addresses concerned were set up under a previous VM broadband account.  If you didn't arrange for a 'move and transfer' from the old account to the new account then they are likely to be in the category of 'orphaned' accounts.  As such they should be deleted within 90 days of the previous account closing although VM do not have a good track record of keeping to their own rules.  The fact that you have email client access but not webmail access suggests that the deletion process has begun.

You would be well advised to make sure that you save an offline copy of emails that you want to keep whilst you still have client access.

The VM Forum Team staff will respond here in due course and may be able to get a move and transfer process implemented provided that your were the account holder for the old account as well as the new account.  Any email addresses on the new account would be wiped out by the process.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gn27

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble accessing and using an email account/address that's been set up with us. As @Graham_A has advised, from what you've explained it sounds like it's possibly linked to an account which no longer has an active broadband service. In this scenario, any connected email account/address would be deleted, typically within 90 days of disconnection though this can sometimes take longer.

So that we can have a closer look at what's going on for you, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!