cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Webmail Access for @virgin.net

CraigT83
Tuning in

Hi,

@ModTeam can you please help? I have seen multiple posts about not being able to access email via mail.virginmedia.com on a browser due to a known error which was apparently fixed (F011312129)

I am having the same/similar issue, I have a @virgin.net email account, likely for 15+ years. Upon trying to log in, I am being told my email account does not exist, yet I am still receiving emails on my Outlook app on Android mobile device?

I have tried to log in on Chrome and Edge on a desktop computer running Windows 11, 64-bit OS. Not sure what else to do as I believe the issue is on your side with a possible oauth issue.

I have contacted Virgin Support via WhatsApp and have been told "there is nothing much that we can do about this". Screenshot of conversation including above quote can be provided.

Its better to burn out, than to fade away....My my, Hey hey!
6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Are you currently a VM broadband customer?

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CraigT83,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community  😊

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with emails. I've been unable to find any details for you, do you still have an active broadband account with us? If not, the email is usually removed after 90 days of disconnection and you would lose access to it.

Alex_Rm

No. I've had my @virgin.net email address for over 15 years and never ever had any issues. Just since the oauth issue reported by other users. I'm still getting my emails via Outlook so account is still active I just can't log in to webmail on any browser. No active broadband account needed and it's not deleted either as it was never linked to an account back in the day when you could just have a mail account. 

No I don't. I've had my @virgin.net email address for over 15 years and never ever had any issues. Just since the oauth issue reported by other users. I'm still getting my emails via Outlook so account is still active I just can't log in to webmail on any browser. No active broadband account needed and it's not deleted either as it was never linked to an account back in the day when you could just have a mail account. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Unfortunately VM is in the process of clearing out all such legacy email accounts which are not linked to an active VM broadband subscription.

A common first step of deletion sees webmail access disappear before all access stops. If you still have access via an Outlook desktop app you should backup your emails and set about changing your online login credentials elsewhere for other services to a new third party email address (while you can still receive security info from other sites to the old VM email address).

Hi CraigT83

Thanks for getting back to us - I can look into this for you.

I've popped over a private message so I can take the details.

Thanks,

Beth