cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Email - F010762348

ModTeam

Resolved

Hi,

We are aware that some customers are experiencing issues with their email service and are very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. Our teams are working flat out to fully restore all emails as soon as possible.

ModTeam

Update 13/07/23 - This has now been resolved. If you are still having issues, please make your own separate post giving as much detail as possible.

3,132 REPLIES 3,132

Another slug of emails arrived about an hour ago, and I even sent an email from another address and it came through almost immediately. An hour later, incoming email has been quiet, so sent another test one from outside VM and sure enough, not received, so no real improvement.

If you don't have an estimated fix time that surely should cause some concern.

Are we talking hours, days, weeks?

Surely any competent engineer should have identified the problem now and should have some kind of idea how long it is going to take to fix the issue

jgnotts
Superfast

Mine worked for about 10 minutes and now back to not working again.

Awful service. May I suggest Virgin brings in someone who knows what they are doing to fix this?

I heard they sent an email out last night looking for help but haven't yet received a reply....

Mine seems to now be trickling some emails in (Like they are getting dropped in one by one), some are like 8 AM, others are 4 PM, then back to 7 or 8 AM.. Odd, Might be backlogs getting processed *shrug*.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

alphaomega16
Up to speed

ok I am REALLY getting ****** off now, emails are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo unbelievably slow and im getting constant server not reachable popups at bottom of screen and cant get anything to load, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ITS BEEN TWO WEEKS

mickess
Tuning in

I thought  it was almost done. I got emails on webmail and on my phone but not through my wife's pop3 account.  Now back to squre one. Absolutely  nothing. 

carol5-4
Up to speed

OK, so we all know about the loss of our email data since the 19th June, of which I assume hasn't been resolved for anyone.

I know a great number had an email from Virgin Media about Work starting last night but finished by 6am...which we all know it wasn't.

I've been trying to log into my webmail all day to get the 503 error, BUT just now I managed to log on, and no, the missing emails and folders are still missing.

However, I did see that a few emails had arrived this morning! To test if an email could be sent from the ntlworld email, I forwarded one of the emails to my gmail account, only to be told it couldn't be sent as there had been 'far too many spam emails sent from my email address *********@ntlworld.com in the last hour'

Would someone from VM on here care to tell me what in heavens name is going on?

Weird  -- I can send email, but not receive them !!!

awr1946
Dialled in

Still not working at 16.40 in CM12 area. How much longer is this going on?

LazyDaisy321
On our wavelength

Sorry to start a new thread but there are so many on the go with varying bits of "information".

I would like a definitive reply to the E Mail issues and not a "copy and paste" reply please.

I am still missing some E Mails from the problems a couple of weeks ago. Daily E Mails from at least two companies I deal with have not appeared since those issues.

Now on to today and more problems:

I cannot send or forward any E Mails

The E Mails do not load properly, if at all, and just show a header and no text

The E Mails in my folders say "Error:failed to load messages" (this may have been an issue from the original problems a couple of weeks ago but I didn't think to check the folders)

Following an on line chat earlier in the week the member of staff said they would credit my account for the original problems, that has not happened

I have a blueyonder E Mail address

Thank you (I hope someone can help)