cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Email - F010762348

ModTeam

Resolved

Hi,

We are aware that some customers are experiencing issues with their email service and are very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. Our teams are working flat out to fully restore all emails as soon as possible.

ModTeam

Update 13/07/23 - This has now been resolved. If you are still having issues, please make your own separate post giving as much detail as possible.

3,132 REPLIES 3,132

saintsfan
Tuning in

Finally it seems like  my primary email is working but emails from before 6.30pm at the minute don't seem to have arrived. What concerns me is that my secondary email address has not updated yet and all my emails from before the outage have disappeared. I hope these come back as I have some that I need.

If they aren't showing there then these would be gone. Sadly we wouldn't have any way of retrieving them. 

^Martin

PI
On our wavelength

This is very poor! Will I get back all of my personal emails that were in my folders and inbox/sent? 

sadsam
On our wavelength

Will i get all my lost emails back as some are very important 

HenryQ
Superfast

A few Emails dated today are starting to trickle in - but what has happened to all my other Emails since Sunday?

Jonesey
Dialled in

Well I can now send and receive emails which is a start.

But still no sign of my folders or previously sent emails

PI
On our wavelength

Virgin are not providing customers with any valid answers to our questions? I have asked numerous times about the disappearance of personal/important emails. Which actually at this moment in time have been lost by Virgin Media? 

PI
On our wavelength

Virgin seem to be  avoiding this question. It is disgraceful the way they have dealt with this matter, a lack of information and a disregard to customers and their personal and important information. 

carl_pearce
Community elder

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-65965099

In an email sent to some customers published by ISPreview.co.uk on Tuesday, Virgin Media said its "teams have been able to fully restore most email services".

But it says for some customers emails "received on or before 19 June will not be appearing in your inbox, sent items or any other folders".

It said that these emails were "safe and secure" and would be restored.

PI
On our wavelength

Since this latest "technical issue" how many customers have lost all of their personal and important emails from your folders, inbox and sent emails? All mine have disappeared and this is very concerning I'm sure it must be to you too. Is Virgin working on reinstalling our emails?