cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account hacked - unable to log in - email address rejected

chouchoucat
Tuning in

Hi, 

My email account was recently hacked and earlier today I was locked out. Apparently the hackers changed my pw and now my email address is rejected when I try to log in.

There is no way to get any help from virgin… going round in circles.

extremely frustrating 

Any ideas?

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

Thank you Coenoby. Appreciate all your help

It’s never a good time to have to deal with losing a long standing email but now is probably the worst.

chouchoucat
Tuning in

Thanks Carley. Yes, it has been, as I am currently in US. I really depended on that account for a lot of contacts. To have it snatched without warning is pretty shocking

Hi chouchoucat

Thanks for your reply.

It's part of the terms and conditions of the contract that the email account will be closed within 90 days of the broadband being disconnected.

We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

If you are concerned the account has been hacked, we can look to close this if it hasn't been already.

We cant however offer any support with email accounts that aren't connected to a live broadband account. For example we cant do a password reset. 

I will send you a private message now.

If you would like us to close the account, please respond to us there and we'll help with that.

Please look out for the envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide