cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Blocked and Password Advice Confusing

Littlelostelf
Tuning in

Our main ntlworld email address, connected to our main Virgin account stopped working yesterday and we cannot access it. This happens several times a year, but it appears the process to change the password has changed, and I am confused. Before I change anything please can you advise me:

1) Do I just change the Email password?

2) Do I also have to change the Virgin Media password for our broadband, TV etc?

3) Do I also have to set up this Virgin Media app password (this is the first time I've seen it)?

The advice given by Virgin is extremely confusing and I don't want to change ANYTHING without being 100% sure.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Littlelostelf,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and for the update, glad to hear you are now back in your Email account, regards phasing out our Emails this isn't something we are aware of however we would always advise having a back up email.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Littlelostelf 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies for the issues that you have been having with your email and log ins. 

As much as we would love to answer your questions, we would need to ensure that your mailbox is not locked as changing your password will not work. Lets bring you into a private message to get some details and see where we are at to advise you the answers that will work for you.

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Hi Sabrina, thank you for reaching out,

I did ring for help and we resolved the issue via: changing my login email to a 3rd party email (not Virgin) and generating a one time Virgin App password which is 16 digits for Outlook, which was the email programme used for the blocked email. Interestingly, the 2 Virgin Media people I spoke to informed me that Virgin are phasing out all their ntlword and virginmail emails and are encouraging everyone to migrate to 3rd party emails and email providers. This wasn't something I was previously aware of.

All best!

Hi Littlelostelf,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and for the update, glad to hear you are now back in your Email account, regards phasing out our Emails this isn't something we are aware of however we would always advise having a back up email.

Regards

Paul.