cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network trial ending

minny
Joining in

I've been on the network since November 2022 and it's due to be disconnected on the 15th March. I've been trying to get a deal to continue using the broadband but it's been difficult. I looked on the website and saw 500mb for about £33 per month. I spoke to an agent who said I can't have that deal and it'd be £41 per month. I said that is more than the advertised price but he couldn't help. I used the virgin media forum as that was our main way of contacting virgin during the trial and they couldn't help and gave me a contact number. I have spoken to agents using that number over the last couple of days. The first agent said it'd be £56 per month after discount and a gentleman today would it'd be £66 per month after discount. The price is going up rather than down at the moment. Is this normal practice? Is there anything else I can do? I'm not attached to keeping Virgin but their speeds are better than my alternatives.

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try retentions  - dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre if you call as close to 08:00. You need option 4 to speak to retentions

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

big-luap
Up to speed

When you say a trial, what speed & did you get it at a special price? 

Retensions are your best option for the best prices, even 360 is fast enoungh depending on how many devices are connected and in use at the same time.

My last negotiation 360 & 500 was dearer than keeping 1GIG, go figure that one.

Sadly new customers get better deals than existing customers.