cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you are a Volt customer - BEWARE

glenrick
Joining in

If you are offered 'the same great package at the same great price' be aware this is a lie. Renewing moves you from Volt to Mega TV and removes TNT sports and other channels. I am disappointed to lose these channels but will not line VM's pockets with an extra £18/month for this previously included service. Sharp practice.

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Community elder

If you are paying around £70 to £80 a month for the Volt bundle then if you stay on that to keep TNT Sports your contract will go up to around £140, if you can keep everything else apart from TNT Sports for the same price then adding £18 a month might seem a better deal. None of the current packages include TNT Sports since it's been sold also it looks like the Mega Volt package doesn't include the mini box and it's £10 a month extra.

Looks like you aren't the only one to have received this email.

I will probably receive the same sort of offer around June/July.

BillBudd
Superfast

I have seen several posts recently along the same lines.  I like to think that VM would never mislead customers on purpose.  So please could you change the email and make it clear that some channels, particularly TNT sports is not included in 'the same great package at the same great price'.

I do not work for VM. Services: 2 x HD TV (+ Sky Sports, BT sport), x2 Tivo boxes (WiFi) Hub5 1gb, Talk Weekend Phone on IP, o2 Mobile SIM on iPhone, unlimited data, texts & minutes.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's been a scattering of posts in the account section of this forum lately, along similar lines. A particularly notable example from recent history is at https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Lost-my-TNT-sports/m-p/5470796#M251... 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks