cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endless startup cycle after resetting V6 box

CJK
Joining in

Hi

For some time, one of my V6 boxes has been having issues when playing back recorded content - stuttering, can't fast forward, freezing, etc. I tried to reset the V6, but it is now stuck in a seemingly endless cycle of Welcome, Starting Up, Deleting Content, Welcome,...

I suspect the HDD is the issue and a replacement V6 box is required. However, I can't find how to easily report a hardware fault to VM.

Can anyone help please.

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like you've used the "clear & delete all" reset option which has a known issue causing the symptoms you describe. In the long-term, issues with recording content do point at HDD faults and should be reported via the usual routes. As a temporary measure, you may be able to restore TV service using the follow key sequence.

Turn off the V6 with the switch on the back of the box, then on the V6 press and hold down both the power button and the + button at the same time. Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds. The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and it should reset and boot up normally.

Fault reporting is on 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, choosing the "I have a fault" options. Otherwise staff respond on these fora after a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Japitts

Thanks for your prompt response.

I tried holding the Power Button and + as you suggested but still I get the same issue.

I have finally managed to book an engineer appointment online.

Thanks for your help.