cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolby Atmos TNT sports ultimate

Bigfootdb
On our wavelength

BT sport ultimate always used to be in dolby atmos however I've watched 2 programmes so far and both have only been in dolby digital. I'm not sure if there was a new deal with TNT as it was only a re brand ... but slightly disappointing that it seems like we've lost something. I presume this is the same for everyone and its not an issue at my end!

15 REPLIES 15

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Bigfootdb 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your sound! Can I just confirm is this only showing as an issue on BT sport channels or are any other channels also effected?

Hi Ashleigh, thanks for reaching out! It's difficult to say. Sky sports main event UHD is as far as I know the only other channel that has Atmos content and not every programme is either. I'd expect the premier League football to be in atmos so I can check at the weekend.

Hi @Bigfootdb, thank you for your response.

Please let us know at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi there. I can confirm that Dolby Atmos is working fine on sky sports UHD. I guess it's back to you guys to confirm what's happening with BT sport ultimate. Thanks!

Thank you for popping back to us @Bigfootdb 

I'm going to forward this on to our technical teams to take a look and advise for us. I have emailed them now and as soon as I hear back I will update. 

Hi, checked tonight and ultimate is in dolby atmos for the champions league football. The broadcasts I watched previously were premiership rugby matches. 

Richardr1
Up to speed

I had a look at the weekend and when I looked the football had Dolby Atmos, the Rugby the next day didn't. It will be down to TNT Sports as to which programmes have Atmos - as you and I get it on football the system is working.

Hi, agreed to an extent but tnt sports advertise the ultimate channel as having dolby atmos. Every single rugby game on bt sport ultimate last year had atmos.

Hi @Bigfootdb thanks for your further feedback, that is much appreciated.

It may be down to TNT Sports directly in terms of what it will provide Dolby Atmos on, but if and when we do have any further information we will be in touch directly.

Many thanks

Tom_W