cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two part movie doesn't record second half of movie with ent news

DanFans
Tuning in

Upgraded to 360 about 3 weeks ago and still getting used to the system. When we are recording a movie with an entertainment news segment in the middle, the box does not record the second half of the film. We have set it as a series link before the film starts and both segments have the planned recording red circle next to them. No luck. We have tried adding 3 hours onto the end of the recording to cover the second half of the film but the box does not record the additional 3 hours. We have tried factory resetting the box twice and it has not made any difference. Its very frustrating and wished we hadn't changed. also, how can there be no undelete section on a new system.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HI @DanFans 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

We've contacted our product team about this and are hopeful we'll have a response by next week.

Once we've heard back, we'll be in touch to let you know.

Thank you for your great support @newapollo 👍

Regards,
Daniel

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @DanFans 

Please can you provide specific examples of which movies/programs and the channel(s) are/were affected, and also which build version of the 360 you have? You can check the build version by clicking on Settings > Info >

I'm on build version 5.01 and this afternoon I tested recording Apache Drums which was on Channel 150 ( Action HD) from 14:25 to 16:00 with a 5 minute break between 15:25 and 15:30 for Entertainment News on 5.

The full movie was recorded (and played back fully) plus the 5 minute "news" program. I set it by pressing the red "record" button in the EPG on the first part of the program. I didn't have to record the second part separately as the red record icon was automatically populated on the second part. (The 5 minute news item didn't show the red record icon but was still recorded)

This was previously an issue but it was rectified in Version 4.41 in July 2022.

/360-Update-What-Has-Changed/version 4.41 

"Seamlessly record films interrupted by other programmes

Previously, films that were split into two programmes by a short programme (usually the news) were recorded as two separate episodes. With this update, they will now be recorded seamlessly as a single recording meaning you will no longer have to switch to a different recording part way through."

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I can confirm we have OS 5.01.

My wife likes the movies on the Great! tv channels. We push record on the fist part of the movie and a hollow red circle automatically appears on the first part and second part of the movie, picture included for tomorrows recording. These are a series of tv movies so the system also plans to record all subsequent films which is what she wants but then always records only the first half of the film.  As previously mentioned we have tried using the advance record feature to add more time onto the end of the recording but it exactly records the advertised program length, we have also tried this feature on other programs and it doesn't work. We have tried recording the news with 2 hours after the recording added but it only records the 6mins of news. At a loss really, doesn't seem fit for purposeVirgin Scheduled Recording.jpg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @DanFans

I've set up Signed, Sealed, Delivered tomorrow as a test.

Before I set up Aurora  Teagarden Mysteries, which option did you choose under the Advanced options?

From this episode onwards, All from series 1 only, All from series 1 and onwards, or New episodes only?

I'm just  wondering if you've chosen the last option (New episodes only), if it's thinking that part two is a repeat and therefore not recoding the second part...... Please let me know and I'll select one of the other options.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi

These are the advanced options for the programs and our selections. As said before, if we change the time after to 3hrs it still only records the program to the exact length. Will be interesting to see if its specific to us or you get the same problem.

Thanks

Virgin2.jpgVirgin 3.jpg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @DanFans 

I've set up  Aurora  Teagarden Mysteries for All from series 1 and onwards the same as yourself, and will see what happens. If mine works (or should I say fails) the same as yours, then I will delete that series link and then set it up to New episodes only

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @DanFans 

Just to confirm I set the recording for todays showing of  Aurora  Teagarden Mysteries for 'All from series 1 and onwards', and have the same issue as yourself. It's only recorded the first half (55 minutes)

I've deleted the series link and then set it up again, this time to record 'From  this episode onwards'  starting with next Fridays (26th May) which is episode 13.

There is an episode next Tuesday  23rd but it's actually a repeat of episode 1.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

HI @DanFans 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

We've contacted our product team about this and are hopeful we'll have a response by next week.

Once we've heard back, we'll be in touch to let you know.

Thank you for your great support @newapollo 👍

Regards,
Daniel

DanFans
Tuning in

Thanks for your testing on this @newapollo. Today 360 did decide to record the complete recording of signed, sealed delivered correctly but we had the same issue as you on Aurora Teagardens. I have gone back through the recording my wife has made the past 3 weeks, approximately 10 of each show and can see on occasion it does record the whole program but the norm is to only record the first section. It must be in the programming Virgin side of how the series link is working.

@daniel_et, thanks for your input and I look forward to any further help you can provide from the product team. We are finding the switch to 360 from 7 years of using the Tivo OS quite frustrating and it feels like a step backwards.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @DanFans 

I'm pretty hopeful that the product team will soon remedy this.

Sorry to see that you feel the switch to the 360 platform is a backward step. To be honest I prefer it (there are some of us lol) but I never used all the bells and whistles on the Tivo based boxes. Plus I like new gadgets.

You might find the following page useful in getting used to the 360 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/virgin-tv-360  

Also the hints and tips if you follow the links on this /virgin-tv-edit/virgin-tv-360 page

If you do have any problems or quesstions just holler 😃

Dave
The do's and don'ts.