cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv360 will not recover recently deleted programs

Wingsmith
Tuning in

It used to be easy to recover recently deleted programs with my old TiVo box but now with the new tv360 box it is not. This seems a retrograde step for many Virginmedia customers. Are there any plans to restore this option either with software or hardware on the upgrade Humax tv360 box?

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

An undelete option has been asked for since the 360 came out, I don't think it will ever be added to the 360 software as it's really designed around cloud recording which the UK broadcaster's don't allow.

Not sure why you wouldn't want the undelete option with cloud recording unless it's too hard to implement because of the storage possibly required.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM are notoriously tight-lipped with new features & SW changes such as this.

Unlikely they'll publicly announce this either way, so best to assume it won't come unless it magically turns up one day.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Wingsmith wrote:

It used to be easy to recover recently deleted programs with my old TiVo box but now with the new tv360 box it is not. This seems a retrograde step for many Virginmedia customers. Are there any plans to restore this option either with software or hardware on the upgrade Humax tv360 box?

You are unlikely to get it. V360 boxes currently use broadcast technology, which VM will phase out by 2028. Everything will be moving to Virgin Stream, which has no hard disk. If there is any recording functionality it will be cloud based & you will have far less control over it, although the upside is the ability to view recordings outside of the home address.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

So what you're saying is that I will be forced to move to a V360, which IMO is utter garbage compared to my V6? The V360 is missing a host of useful functions the V6 allows, not just undelete.

If that happens & Sky have better functionality than the horrible V360 I'll be off.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There may well eventually be a compulsory migration, but we're quite a way from there yet.

Migrations remain voluntary for now, just expect increasing sales pitches at renegotiation time.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@drabman wrote:

So what you're saying is that I will be forced to move to a V360, which IMO is utter garbage compared to my V6? The V360 is missing a host of useful functions the V6 allows, not just undelete.

If that happens & Sky have better functionality than the horrible V360 I'll be off.

SkyQ is very similar in functionality to Horizon (which drives V360 & Stream). The V360 can be used as an IP only box (with no recording facility), but Virgin Stream will eventually be the only option.  Sky are also heavily pushing their own IP Stream product which cannot record. Satellite broadcast distribution is now becoming expensive & some broadcasters are terminating their contracts with Sky to go exclusively for IP based channels, so it's only a matter of time before most of the products available will have the same attributes.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993