cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 (converted Tivo V6) - Channel icons Missing

jawilliamson
Dialled in

For a number of days we've had channel icons missing.  Initially it was all of them, now it's some of them.  Bringing up the TV guide, the channel icons to not appear on the left of the guide, so we've no idea which channel is which.  To be clear, the programs and times are all present, but it's meaningless as we don't know what the channel is.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/45d6f28a52dec6b290d1fe97eb56cb3749a2688d
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jawilliamson 

I had an issue like that for around week before my 360 updated to version 5.07.  (I was still on version 5.05) Are you still on an older version? You can check by looking at Settings > Info.

Rebooting the 360 forced the update and I've had no problems with the icons since.

It's also possible that the 360 is losing it's internet connection.  Again rebooting the 360 should clear this. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

That could be a sign of a poor network connection to your hub, how is the 360 connected Wi-Fi or ethernet cable, do you have any problems watching on-demand or streaming using any of the apps that would be another test of the connection to the hub.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jawilliamson 

I had an issue like that for around week before my 360 updated to version 5.07.  (I was still on version 5.05) Are you still on an older version? You can check by looking at Settings > Info.

Rebooting the 360 forced the update and I've had no problems with the icons since.

It's also possible that the 360 is losing it's internet connection.  Again rebooting the 360 should clear this. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

We've no issues with on demand (we've binge watched 5 seasons of Top Boy in 2 weeks from Netflix). The TV360 is cabled directly to the router.  We've no issues with connectivity, speed or latency (Broadband Monitor showing no latency spikes or packet loss) and we're getting the speed matching our package (Gigabit down)

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/45d6f28a52dec6b290d1fe97eb56cb3749a2688d

I checked the software and it was already on 5.07, so I've powered it off at the switch and back on again....the 'magic reboot' fixed it.  I'm not sure why I didn't try that first but I was sat with my MacBook on my lap at the time;  I guess I was just too lazy to walk 6 steps to the media rack and flick the switch 😂

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey jawilliamson,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you had with your TV guide not showing the channel names, we're glad to hear that you have been able to get this resolved with a reboot. Please let us know here on the forums, if you have any further issues.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L