cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports+ new remote

FabNan99
Joining in

Hi

I received an email indicating that my TV box needs a free update otherwise I will miss out on Sky Sports+.  It says that I can do this by selecting the “Upgrade Now” app on my home page and then I should be sent a new remote.  However there is no such app in the home page and then when I chatted with the Virgin media help at first they did not know what I was referring to and then they said that it would cost £200 to do this whereas the e-mail indicates that this is a free update. As we only have the the sport channels for my boyfriend I am not sure why I am bothering following up on this (haha) but I just wanted to know if anyone else on here could offer me any advice on how to resolve this.

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

ozsat
Superstar

Call again and you'll get a totally different advisor who knows exactly what you are on about.

You rearely get the same advice from VM on two succesive calls.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@FabNan99 wrote:

I received an email indicating that my TV box needs a free update otherwise I will miss out on Sky Sports+.

Also just to be clear on one thing. The "update" that you're getting here is a completely different TV operating system that is fundamentally not TiVo, and has some substantial differences.

Your V6 will be getting the Sky Sports HD multiscreen, just not necessarily in time for the new football season.

I concur with ozsat's reply that calling back and speaking to someone else, will likely get a different answer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Superstar

You could try rebooting the box to see if the upgrade app appears, it is apparently free but I would do some research on the forum first as not all the features of the V6 are available with 360 because they are TiVo patented.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi FabNan99,

Thanks for posting, and sorry you're having some issues with the free upgrade. 

As it's been a few days since you posted, please let us know if this is still a problem so we can help further. 

Alex_Rm