cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen blinks black

KHarris85
Joining in

Does anyone know  why when I am watching a programme or Netflix  on the V360 the screen goes black for a second then comes on again, it’s has become a regular occurrence. I read about frame rate here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Screen-goes-black/m-p/4920174#M25528

but this is set to off already 

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi KHarris85 

Since you've tried Match Frame Rate without success, have you tried changing the HDMI cable and/or port?  (It should be a high speed cable HDCP 2.2 compliant)

If your TV has a port labelled  MHL then try using that as it  supports HDCP technology for viewing protected digital content which can cause the screen to blank out. It's also better at converting the signal to UHD than one of the older standard HDMI ports.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @KHarris85 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies for the delay in responding. 
The issues that you are having with your black screen, the 360 box does have the ability to upscale and provide higher resolution with various programming that is recorded in another format, your tv also as smart capabilities also when recognising a format that would be better viewed as the consumer, LG tv are the most common that will give you a second of a black screen, this is it altering the sound and visual in the format best viewed in.
As a LG consumer, my OLED B9 does do this when I am gaming once it recognises the resolution, frame rate in conjunction with the AI capabilities that it has along with updated HDMI ports. 
I hope this helps, should you need further assistance please do respond via the private message I will send you. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Hi Sabrina, 

Thank you for your reply, it is becoming unbearable now can happen 3-4 times 30 minutes, I have a Samsung TV, it does not do it with any other device such as games console etc I have also tried all Hdmi ports and new cables with no luck, it never did this with SKY Q

Additionally i have restarted the box and router, and checked for updates.

I believe its the box and it doesn't help the one I was supplied was clearly 2nd hand.

I read your messages on:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Flickering-black-screen/td-p/5460575

And note the wiring done inside my property by your engineer is a bit of a cowboy Job, between the wall and my v360 box the is 4 joins. These cant help signal quality. One of which they have just pushed the self install kit onto a threaded connector 

20240118_211732.jpg

Hi KHarris85

Thanks for coming back to us and for sharing the picture of the wiring. I think it might be best if we arrange for an engineer to visit and take a look.

I've dropped you a PM so I can ask for the account details 😊

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @KHarris85 

I've gone ahead and booked in an engineer appointment for you.

There’ll be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician finds that the issue isn’t due to our network or equipment, for example if it relates to equipment or other systems not provided by us, or it’s been damaged.
  • You miss the appointment for any reason, or someone over 18 isn’t in at the time of the appointment.

Otherwise, the appointment would be free of charge.

The technician will confirm if a charge is applicable and a £25 Appointment Charge or a £25 Missed Appointment Charge may be applied to your account.

If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can reply to the SMS you’ll receive, or you can manage this through the My Virgin Media App up to 4pm the day before the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes and if you need anything else 😊

Beth