cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording

Freeway
Tuning in

Hello, I have just switched to Virgin after many years with Sky and I am confused over how Virgin records programmes.  For example there is a programme on at 9pm and I set it up to record so I can start watching it around 9.30pm on delay without having to watch the adverts.  I discover it hasn’t recorded and it is in planned recordings for 3am the next morning.  Other times I have a programme set up to record at 9pm and I go on to recordings and it has already been recorded even though it hasn’t been shown on TV yet.  What is going on?  Why doesn’t the programme just record at the time I have asked it to? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Some examples would be useful.

Those which you think haven’t been broadcast but have been recorded will have been broadcast early morning. Examples of this are all the FBI programs on Sky.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Some examples would be useful.

Those which you think haven’t been broadcast but have been recorded will have been broadcast early morning. Examples of this are all the FBI programs on Sky.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you for your reply.  The most recent example was last night when my daughter was expecting Made In Chelsea to record at 10pm on E4.  She went to watch it at 10.15pm and it hadn’t recorded.  The planner had set it up for 3am this morning.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The only situation I can suggest for this happening would be that the recording was not set until after the program had started. In this case, the TV 360 could not record the episode in full (unless E4 was already the selected channel since before 10pm) so it sets the next time the episode is broadcast.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TV360 is different to TiVo but Ernie has perfectly described how that software works, and the logic is likely similar.

Look for the first available complete episode and record that. It may not be the same one you're looking at in the EPG.

It has been set up to record since the new series started a few weeks ago and has always recorded at 10pm (first showing) except for last night.  This isn’t the first time this has happened.  It has happened on other programmes too but I can’t remember which.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Freeway 

This has been reported in another thread. I suspect a metadata error on the first showing which caused the episode to not be included as part of the series.

The other thread is:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/bd-p/Virgin_TV_360