cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recorded programme Issue

Leedsgooner
Dialled in

Hi,

Recently had an issue that when I playback certain programmes it starts at the end of the recording, I have to then press watch again numerous times before it plays normally.

Hope this makes sense

27 REPLIES 27

dalodge
Tuning in

How do I add an attachment here? In the insert video screen there is only an option to add a URL, that's why I created the YouTube link.

dalodge_0-1698942505086.png

Can you share the Youtube link if easier @dalodge?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I thought I had already previously above?

Here’s the link anyway.

https://youtu.be/szDMa9eJd-c?si=X7_UBVh-In2nN33P

Hi @dalodge, thank you for your response.

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

dalodge
Tuning in

An engineer was sent out to investigate this issue and decided it was a HW issue and replaced the unit with another one.
No issues yet but will see how it goes.

Hello dalodge.

Thanks for replying.

Can you please let us know if anything else changes.

Gareth_L

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue. It's not limited to long sporting events, it also happens to 30 minute TV shows.

The playback starts at the beginning of the recording, but the seek bar position is at the the end position, so is out of sync with the recording. This means I get the "Do you wish to delete this recording" message and I'm unable to fast forward through the programme.

It occurs on most shows I record and its very frustrating.

mark53c
Tuning in

I get this issue on nearly every recording I watch and am getting fed up with it. You select a recent recording and the delete/keep box pops up. It’s not acceptable to say this is a hardware issue when so many people seem to be having this problem. If it is hardware related you have a lot of faulty boxes out there. 

Hey mark53c, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

What type of issues are you facing, it just certain programmes or every recorded programme?

How long has this been happening for? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

It’s totally random. It can be programmed recorded a week ago or programmes that we have recorded and then start watching while they are still on TV live. It is extremely annoying though.