cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording playback jumps to the end of the recording

dalodge
Tuning in

Hi there,
This is happening 80% of times when I try to play back a long live sport recording.
When I try and play back a recording the recording position jumps to the end of the recording. I see the "Delete or Keep" message but the video is playing from the start of the recording.
I cannot FF or pause but when I rewind it rewinds from the end of the recording.
After rewinding and fast-forwarding a few times and exiting out of the recording it will recover and play from the start as usual with the correct position.
This usually happens on a long live TV sports recording like the NFL or football where I have added an extra hour on the end to catch any extra time.
It can also happen when playing a current recording and selecting "Watch from start". The progress bar and playing position jumps to the end of the recording, as in the current live time.

I hope somebody can help with this here as I have not seen any similar issues mentioned in the forum or online and it's becoming very annoying.
Thanks
Darren

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Superstar

@dalodge wrote:

Hi there,
This is happening 80% of times when I try to play back a long live sport recording.
When I try and play back a recording the recording position jumps to the end of the recording. I see the "Delete or Keep" message but the video is playing from the start of the recording.

Sounds like a 360 box, I don't think the V6 has that option.

Sounds similar to the link below,

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Recorded-programme-Issue/m-p/5334444

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post a video of this happening?

Is there a particular duration of recording that tends to trigger this?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Superstar

@dalodge wrote:

Hi there,

Sounds like a 360 box, I don't think the V6 has that option.

Sounds similar to the link below,

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Recorded-programme-Issue/m-p/5334444

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Aye, the V6 prompts you when you're within (from memory) 5 minutes of the end of a recording to delete or keep.

The video should prove it, though. I'd defer to a HDD issue if all recordings were affected, but if only long ones this is a tad strange.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I don't remember the V6 having that option but it's been a while since I "upgraded".

Hi, thanks for the response.
Yeah, it must be a 360 box, wasn't sure.
This issue is the exact issue I am seeing. Sounds like they haven't found a fix for it yet so I'll try and record a video and upload it to that thread.
Thanks again 👍

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dalodge wrote:

Hi, thanks for the response.
Yeah, it must be a 360 box, wasn't sure.
This issue is the exact issue I am seeing. Sounds like they haven't found a fix for it yet so I'll try and record a video and upload it to that thread.
Thanks again 👍

V6 boxes run TiVo software and have the TiVo-logo next to the video preview screen.

TV360 boxes run Horizon software and don't carry the TiVo logo.

The hardware is thus identical but the software totally different - pictures of the remotes are at https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

I've moved this thread to the TV360 section of the forum.

dalodge
Tuning in

I was able to reproduce this and took a video, however there is no way to attach a video on this chat without creating an online URL?
How do we just add an attachment?

dalodge
Tuning in

I created a YouTube channel to share the video.

I would turn off the Keep / Delete option  to make sure you don't lose anything by accident.

Press Home > Recordings > Recorded > View All > Manage Storage > Enter your pin > Ask to delete after watching > Set to Off.