cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor HD picture quality

Paulk1965
Joining in

Am having issues with the picture quality on a 360 mini box, have tried restarting box, different leads etc, but still is really poor quality, on apps the quality is spot on but anything HD especially sports is so poor, anyone else with same issues or a fix ?

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In what way is the picture poor? Have you tried swapping the mini & master box around, see if the problem follows the box move or not.

Do post a picture or video if it would help explain.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

DanielFleetwood
Tuning in

Is the image quality the same on the 360 box?

I know when we had mini box installed, the engineer mentioned he needs to go to the box in the street and give us more signal into the house - when did you get mini installed?

My 360 and mini box both look exactly the same PQ but saying that, we also have the same tv upstairs and downstairs.

Everything was installed at the same time, the TV on the mini box has been updated, I know when using apps the picture quality is much better on the new TV just didn’t expect the VM quality to be worse

Hi @Paulk1965 thanks for your reply.

Could you try to swap the boxes around to see if when this has done so, if the mini box picture falters where the master box is and vice-versa? This would help to identify if the fault is with the box itself, or potentially an external issue.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Have tried this but makes no difference, if I watch iPlayer or Netflix or any app via the internet it is much better than watching them via VM 360 mini box. The cable from the street to the house is 15 years old, could that cause an issue with poor signal?

Hi Paulk1965

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If the external cabling was damaged or faulty, this would affect both of your TV boxes, so it's likely an issue with the isolated connection from your omni box to the mini box, an issue with the HDMi lead or the TV box itself.

Just to clarify, when you say that the quality is better when using streaming apps, are you using the apps built into the TV itself or through the mini box?

Beth

Paulk1965
Joining in

Apps via the TV via the internet 

Thanks for coming back to us Paul 😊

I have had a look at your services on my side and can see there is an area outage, which is regarding an SNR issue. 

This is due to be fixed  - 18 DEC 2023 09:00 - But please be aware this is just an estimate, it could change depending on what the engineers find. However, I am sure they will be working incredibly hard to get this fixed as soon as possible for you. 

I am sorry for any inconvenience or disruption this may be causing right now.

Feel free to use our Service Check or drop us another post on this thread and we will be happy to give you an update!

Thanks, 

Megan_L