cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New TV 360 Box will not record. It is a smaller replacement box, we only have one TV?

priestley57
Joining in

All went well with the installation today, until I tried to record - it says Virgin TV1 is offline, or not connecting. Turn it on to check if your recording was scheduled' - turn what on? We only have one TV - the box sent was much smaller than my existing box and I cant see what could be offline as I am getting the APS - Netflix etc easily enough. Have I been sent the correct box - or am I missing something basic.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Superstar

Pictures of the 360 main box and mini box below, if you have changed from an old TiVo box it sounds like you have been sent a mini box by mistake if you only had a TiVo box. If you had a V6 box and a TiVo box you would have received a mini box to replace the TiVo.

You can call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the other options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

Another option is to wait for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

roy247_1-1665833089880.jpeg

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Superstar

Pictures of the 360 main box and mini box below, if you have changed from an old TiVo box it sounds like you have been sent a mini box by mistake if you only had a TiVo box. If you had a V6 box and a TiVo box you would have received a mini box to replace the TiVo.

You can call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the other options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

Another option is to wait for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

roy247_1-1665833089880.jpeg

Thank you, we only had a TIVO box. Our second tv/box was disconnected at least 5 years ago and we have only had one TV since. I tried to put the old box back this morning but it didn’t work with the other handset that had been linked with it… so I put the small box back again. 
if someone from the team could pick this up that would help rather than spend hours waiting on the phone…. Thank you

Thank you, we only had a TIVO box. Our second tv/box was disconnected at least 5 years ago and we have only had one TV since. I tried to put the old box back this morning but it didn’t work with the other handset that had been linked with it… so I put the small box back again. 
if someone from the team could pick this up that would help rather than spend hours waiting on the phone…. Thank you

Hello priestley57,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your new TV box. Have you been sent one or two boxes from us? As our system seems to think that you have been sent two. Please can you confirm from the picture that roy247 posted, which box(es), you have been sent?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L