cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kit needs plumbing in

Nick_h
Dialled in

Hi all hope this is the correct board !

Renegotiated my contract and to get the price down I had to have the TV  package that's right to get the price down haha !

Anyway kit arrived a couple of weeks ago but then went on hols so didn't get chance to setup straight away.

Connected it to wifi OK and its bringing the program schedules in  but no video feed.

I'm guessing the old socket and cable that's downstairs no longer works it hasn't been used for TV  in a very long time ! Says Telewest on it I think.

Cable Modem was moved upstairs into the loft years ago and has been used in modem mode for I don't know how many generations.

Anyway now I have this TV box and I'm paying for it I would like to use it so the  long winded question is how do I go about getting it plugged back in ?

Cheers !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try: 

Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try: 

Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Nick_h 

Just checking in to see if you managed to get this sorted?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Nick_h
Dialled in

Hi Ayisha sorry just spotted your reply ! No I called today bur gave up waiting could you put the wheels in motion for me ? My wife would be in all day on the 13th May.

Cheers !

Nick_h
Dialled in

Guys am I likely to get a reply or do I try again on the phone ? Cheers !

Guess not ! Back to plan 'a' then !

Nick_h
Dialled in

Spent another 20 minutes on the phone before giving up I'm currently paying for a TV box that's just stuck in the loft !

KeithLeonard
Fibre optic

Phone them again and tell them that you want a manned installation by an engineer to get the tv to work as the old socket is not working. Hopefully this should be free as you have only had the box a month.

You could also wait two or three days for a Virgin Staff member to deal with your query and arrange this installation for you.

Nick_h
Dialled in

Cheers now 4 days since my last post asking for help and I've tried to call a couple of times but given up due to the wait !

Nick_h
Dialled in

Sorted