cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kangaroo Remote Control

thrice
Superfast

I wonder if anyone can help me. Recently one of my 360 remote controls has started to behave like a kangaroo. When using the direction buttons - the four grouped around the central OK button - the cursor jumps about and it becomes difficult to select anything. For instance, in the programme guide a single press up or down, or left or right makes the cursor jump beyond the desired item by two or three places. I only have this problem with my 'main' living room remote (the one I use the most) and not with the second remote in the bedroom. If the remotes had not been paired to each TV I might have tried swapping them around to see if the fault persisted.

Is this a common fault, hopefully with a simple fix, or is it a sign that the remote is failing? I was an early adopter of the 360 software and have used the remote daily ever since so it is several years old.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Hi thrice,

I have had problems with the remote where the up 🔼 and down 🔽 buttons below the info or context button have done funny things but only when looking at the TV guide, worked as normal on everything else, repairing the remote made no difference but a factory reset of the 360 sorted the problem (keeping my recordings option).

You could try swapping your remotes by resetting and repairing to the different boxes.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

roy247
Community elder

Hi thrice,

I have had problems with the remote where the up 🔼 and down 🔽 buttons below the info or context button have done funny things but only when looking at the TV guide, worked as normal on everything else, repairing the remote made no difference but a factory reset of the 360 sorted the problem (keeping my recordings option).

You could try swapping your remotes by resetting and repairing to the different boxes.