cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HD upgrade

falcon2
On our wavelength

Some of my Sky Sports channels have HD, others don't. I was led to believe that all had been upgraded free of charge. When I go to My account, it says I can upgrade to HD for £5.96 per month. Can anyone put me right please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @falcon2 👋.

Thanks for reaching back out to us. Apologies you have had issues with your package when renewing your contract. We would advise in submitting a formal complaint should you wish for this to be looked into and investigated. This can be done here 👉 Complaint.

Sabrina

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky Sports News HD is part of the Maxit package, whereas all the other Sky Sports channels are only provided in SD as standard. Sky impose a (normally) £7/month supplement for the HD variants, so you're being offered a £1.04/month discount on that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

@falcon2 wrote:

Some of my Sky Sports channels have HD, others don't. I was led to believe that all had been upgraded" free of charge. When I go to My account, it says I can upgrade to HD for £5.96 per month. Can anyone put me right please?

Was this recently because you also have 3 posts about your contract ending "My fixed period ends on 1/2/24" ( post 1 post 2 post 3 ),  if your contract is ending your best bet is to speak to retentions to try and get the best deal. In your other posts you also mentioned having TNT sports that is now not included in any package and is £18 a month extra.

As japitts said Sky Sports SD is the standard for most of the Sky Sports channels unless you are on the top package with HD being extra and if you want UHD that's extra again.

Was the £5.96 a month HD upgrade for 12 or 18 months an enticement to just renew your contract. If you go to your MVM account and check your contact it will tell you if you have Sky Sports SD or HD, If you do have HD was the offer for UHD.

falcon2
On our wavelength

A couple of points. I was not told about the change in TV package that may or may not have occurred during the contract period. I'm old fashioned, a contract is a contract and nothing changes within the fixed term without agreement ( silence not being agreement). So, I had no idea about the position re HD. My channels for Skysports were not all showing as HD and my Account details had SD written on it.

Furthermore, I really cannot be bothered arguing , bartering etc . I would have gone elsewhere if I hadn't got what I felt was reasonable. Although, that would have been a major inconvenience. 

I was due to pay £125.50 pm from 1/2/24 and got an offer of £82.50 which included HD and a faster internet speed. I was told, and it's in writing on the Whatsapp dialogue that my package was the same as before but with HD.  and faster speed. If some of you are telling me that I should have been having HD already then I assume the Virgin team failed to inform me? 

Also, as TNT had been removed from the package ( therefore not the same as before) then I had to get that added the next day at the cost of £10pm. 

In conclusion. I was happy at £82.50 and even at £92.50. I was not happy with the way it was sold to me ( TNT addition) but in fairness the agent offered to pass me to customer services or suggested I cancel during the cooling-off period. I'd already spent 5 hours waiting one day and then 3 more hours the next day so decided to accept the offer. I've no wish to speak on the phone, I have tinnitus and it means I don't always pick things up easily. I like to have time to think and Whatsapp gave me that. The fact that the initial agent failed to fully explain the position could not possibly have been picked up by me.

Hi @falcon2 👋.

Thanks for reaching back out to us. Apologies you have had issues with your package when renewing your contract. We would advise in submitting a formal complaint should you wish for this to be looked into and investigated. This can be done here 👉 Complaint.

Sabrina