cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My promotional offer

falcon2
On our wavelength

My contract expires on 1/2/24. My bill keeps indicating that the promotional offer is saving me £53.50 per month. However the contract info says that from 2/2/24 the price will rise to £104. What am I missing here? 

I'm currently paying £72 pm for Fibre 100, TV + Sky and TNT Sports. Given that there's likely to be further significant prices rises next year, I'm wondering how I can secure a decent deal with that same package now. Can I use the online chat? I have tinnitus and hearing the agents by phone can be difficult and as I speak loudly they sometimes think I'm getting annoyed. I want things to be as simple as possible. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @falcon2 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's always great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you are facing a price rise after the end of your contract, but we would love to help find something new that is both suited to your needs and budget. 

You can speak to our teams about a new deal by dialling 150/0345 454 1111 though I understand this may not be suitable, but you can also contact us via WhatsApp messenger on 07305 327 112.

Thanks for the reply.

The price increase will be to £125.50, I've found more up to date info on that point.

I'll give Whatsapp a try but I'm pretty sure that it'll end up in a call.

Thank you @falcon2 

Please do let us know how things are looking once you have spoken to the team and we do hope they can find a more suitable offer for you. 

falcon2
On our wavelength

I've recently posted about this but can't find the message and as there have been no replies, I thought I'd post again. Anyway, I'm posting this as I'm into the 2nd hour waiting for the WhatsApp option to reply, so I'm really answering my own question

My fixed period ends on 1/2/24. Currently I'm paying £72pm and the full price from that date will be £125.50/ The initial increase was going to be £104. As there's another increase of about 8%coming in April, I wanted to discuss possible ways to avoid such big increases.

I don't want to be hanging on with Retentions and going all through the haggling process as I have difficult, at times , hearing due to tinnitus. I was told that Whatsapp was an alternative but it seems a bit hit and miss. I wanted to use a Live Chat option but that doesn't seem to be available. Is that true and if so, why?

I don't particularly want to leave Virgin, but there are intro deals with others that are better, as are new customer deals with Virgin. Quite frankly, it's just like car insurance, a pain every year scratching around for a new deal. Loyalty used to matter but obviously profit is the key now.

Hey @falcon2 Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the experience with our WhatsApp team you are having.
May I ask if the team have replied to you since with a revised contract / renewal offer?
If they haven't then we'll step in to assist, if they have, please continue with the agent as they'll process everything through.

Let us know how it goes with them and we can go on from there.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

falcon2
On our wavelength

Hello Ilyas,

Everything has been sorted now thanks. New contract, all docs received. Once connected with WhatsApp service everything ran smoothly. 

Hello Ashleigh,

Just to update you.

Once I was connected to the Whatsapp service, everything was sorted quickly. A new contract, a great offer and all docs received. Thanks for your help.

Hi @falcon2,

Thank you for the update on this. I'm glad to hear that the team have been able to help and sort you out with a bundle that you're happy with.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

falcon2
On our wavelength

I spoke too soon Zach. My TNT sports channels have disappeared.

I was at pains to make sure that my new contract included everything I had previously and the transcript indicates that. Unfortunately that has proved not to be the case. Is there anything you can do or must I go through the Whatsapp scenario again?