cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Renewal problems

rosielee
Just joined

Hi,

I'm trying to help out some elderly friends here.

I tried to email the 'contact us' link on the contract email but it would appear the Virgin don't know how to configure their own mail server as i got a bounce back message delivery failed!

Contract was due to expire so we called to discuss. Apparently to renew was more expensive than to upgrade.

They were on the Mixit + Ents Drama & Documentaries and are now on Mega TV.

The problem is that they seem to be missing some channels they used to have but can't remember which ones as they don't notice the channel number or name but by what's on.

I've tried to compare channels but i can't find a list of what was on the the old package they had.

At this point they are planning to cancel the whole contract as it was setup last week but i'm looking to see if it can be worked out.

Any ideas/

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM contracts don't expire as such, they just become 30 day rolling one's until you cancel.  They also lose any discounts from the 18 month period, hence the need to phone and re-negotiate prices.  They also change the TV packages from time to time, as VM's contracts with different TV networks change.  I believe TNT Sports is one such example, it is now a separate price and no longer bundled.. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@rosielee wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to help out some elderly friends here.

They were on the Mixit + Ents Drama & Documentaries and are now on Mega TV.

The problem is that they seem to be missing some channels they used to have but can't remember which ones as they don't notice the channel number or name but by what's on.

The Ents Drama & Documentaries Personal Pick is now obsolete, however all the channels that were in that add on, and on Mixit are included in Mega TV.

The following page (from September last year) shows what was available in the Entertainment & Drama, and Entertainment and Documentaries Personal Pick add ons

./Personal_Picks_September_23.pdf 

The Mixit channels are shown in column 2 and the Mega channels in column 3 on the following page

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide 

They might also have been paying £5 extra for additional Kids TV channels, that would still apply today should they want them.

TNT Sports (formerly BT Sports) was only ever included in the Ultimate Oomph/Ultimate Volt packages for free. Since September last year they've only been available to new and recontracting customers as an optional add on priced at £18 per month on a 30-day rolling contract (TNT changed their agreement with VM and no longer allow those channels to be included in packages)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali