cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC 1 picture poor like watching SD

J40wds
Tuning in

Hi all first post, Installation done on Thurs afternoon no issues,Sat night strictly picture quality terrible not a patch on Sky bitterly disappointed so much im considering ringing up and cancelling the tv package.

TV is LG OLED65C9PLA

Sky Soundbox(for now) unable to switch on and off with Virgin remote, volume control working.

picture quality through sky Q with HD & UHD perfect 

disappointment is an understatement 

tried the quality settings no difference, on/ off no difference most channels fine no noticeable issues, tonight I thought I was needing to go to the optician it was that bad.

Any help appreciated 

13 REPLIES 13

J40wds
Tuning in

My feelings exactly, I’m satisfied with the tv box in general, tho both BBC & ITV prime time tv programmes one live the other not sure, terrible it’s as tho the picture can’t keep up.The same progs on Sky even after a few years of watching you think wow that picture is exceptional. It’s the one thing that will make me change back.If I didn’t have commitments this next week I’d be out without a doubt before the cooling off period ends. The silence from Virgin is noticeable they don’t even recognise our equipment yet. 

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @J40wds 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your TV service and thank you again for posting. Can I just check are all channels effected or is there just one at the moment that is showing an issue? 

HavencroftKev
Rising star

May I ask what Virgin TV box you have? 

I don't want to insult your intelligence, but unless you have the VM360 box both the SD and HD versions of the channels are available. Are you defiantly sure you are watching the HD channel?

I also have an LG OLED TV and have no issues. 

Not an insult I believe I’ve the latest 360 box what channel numbers are for HD I assumed all are just HD 

It’s mainly the terrestrial channels, as we watch mainly from apps, BBC, ITV noticeable to the point of annoying especially when it was the opposite through Sky Q. 

Hi J40wds, you are correct the 360 box only shows the channel version which has the best resolution. However the V6 and older boxes you actually have to look for the HD channel as both HD and SD are available.

Try starting with 101 for BBC1 and see where you go from there.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tubblecakes wrote:

Sorry I know I’m not the original poster

This is usually the reason why it is far better to start new threads rather than "sorry to jump in". By all means reference the original post by a link, but this is @J40wds thread and it would be far too easy for their query to get forgotten.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi it was 101 and 103 we were watching I tried all the settings on the quality 1080, 4K, auto all the same, picture fine until there’s movement then pixelated. It also said Bbc1 HD

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post up some photos of the problem?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks