cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Not Possible CS5500 and App Not Accessible CS2400

moof
Fibre optic

have been experiencing issues for a few weeks now with Beeb related content on my 360

*I usually leave the box on channel 101 at night, so it starts on 101.

during playback of recorded Beeb shows I get the Action Not Possible CS5500 error, while playing back

....no I'm not sat on the button 😜 not touching or pausing. It just pops up and you have to acknowledge it.

action.jpg

the second more often than not issue is I'm unable to start a cast to the box when using Youtube on iPad.

Open Youtube on iPad, press play and then hit the cast button...  Like I have always done.

I get a pop up saying unable to launch app on the TV and the iPad app spins.

Now the odd one with this is I'm NOT trying to watch anything Beeb related, its Youtube, however as I opened with I usually leave the box on 101 before I put it to sleep at night (habit) so when it starts up its on 101

If I stop the spin on the iPad, manually launch Youtube on the box and THEN cast, the issue is resolved.

...anyone else seeing these oddities?

accessible.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi moof,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry for any issue you're having with the Tv service. 

Are you able to try and watch the content on another device to see if you continue to get the error?

^Martin

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @moof 

The CS2400 error mainly affected BBC channels earlier this year, and was possibly related to the BBC iPlayer app, for which a link is triggered when you land on a BBC channel. This provides the interactivity with the red button in the same way as customers get an error message when there is no internet connectivity with the box.

There is a workaround for this.

You can force the BBC  channel to play without the pop up reappearing if you hit the back button on the 360 remote when the error message appears, and then press pause and play.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

moof
Fibre optic

newapollo  thanks for that explanation.  so although I have it 'recorded' and saved to my box it is in fact a link to iPlayer and pulls it back without the iPlayer startup graphic etc?

Martin_N I can confirm it does it also from my Android Pixel 6a phone (this very morning) or my iPad Pro (usually).

as above. force the casting app to close, manually launch the app via the Virgin 360 menu and then recast

Hi moof, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating the thread. 

I have sent your issue over to another support team who will review your issue, the estimated fix time is up to 5 working days. Where possible they'll fix the issue remotely, but will contact you if they need any additional information. 

Please keep us posted on how you get on and if you need further help, you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

moof
Fibre optic

thanks for escalating Kath_F

the Youtube launch issue is not a new problem, has happened for some months now.

Tried all the obvious off and on stuff, but the workaround is as above.

BBC related issues seem to be littered within this forum, and as I park my box before bed on 101 and start it on 101 I guess my issues could become Beeb related.

...have to say Virgin360 has been pretty pants compared to TiVo

No problem @moof. 😇

We'll let our advanced technical team look in to this and further investigate the account issues.
As advised previously, they'll be in touch should they need any additional information.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs