cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 upgrade

randombeats
On our wavelength

Hi all just had a message on the banner at the top of the page on my v6 box and also in messages that I can upgrade to 360 for free? 

Is it worth doing and if I do what happens to all my recordings and series links? 

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

roy247
Superstar

Quick answer is you will lose all your recordings and series links.

There are plenty of post's about the loss of TiVo patented features because the 360 runs different software to the V6, if you do a search on here and look for features that you use and then decide if you want to switch to 360 or stay with V6, some users hate it's a bit like marmite, or you can accept the differences and move on there is no going back if you don't like it.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is not so much an upgrade as a complete change of TV box software, fundamentally TV360 is not TiVo in the same way as Android is not Apple. Your series links and recordings are completely wiped as part of the hard drive being reformatted to convert.

Whether it's worth doing is a choice only you can make, but you should be aware there are substantial differences between the TiVo-software that your V6 runs, and the Horizon-software that would be installed in its place. There are pros & cons both ways, which you'd do well to research past threads on here.

That way, you can choose whether to convert or not, on an informed basis.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks