cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box missing some episodes when set to record series link

JCC1
Tuning in

Recently converted from V6 boxes to 360. We have an issue in that for some programmes, if you set them to record a series link, it sets itself to record the majority but not all of the episodes. If you try to use catch up for the episodes it failed to record you don't have the watch option for that programme. Annoying and not a problem experienced on old V6 boxes.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You could try emailing the link below but I don't think they can resolve the problem but they might be able to forward it to someone who can unless it's a BBC metadata problem with the show.

tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is not an uncommon query with recent converts to TV360, but do you have any specific examples?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for getting involved. The example is Look North, the BBC news and weather programme. We switched over to TV360 on Tuesday and set up a few different series links. Look North recorded on Tuesday and Wednesday successfully. Thursday didn't record and when we went to catch up there wasn't an option to 'Watch'. It didn't record Fridays. It seems to be set to record today's but then nothing until Tuesday. All the other programmes series links have worked so far but most of those are weekly so I guess we may have problems with them in the future. Hope all of that makes sense and thanks again.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JCC1 

I've just read your post and have gone into the EPG and set a series link from the 17:30 episode of todays Look North.  It hasn't picked up either of tomorrow (Sundays) editions, but has picked up all three of Mondays episodes. 

Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursdays three broadcast versions have all failed to be picked for recording, however all episodes from Friday 8th December to Friday 15th December are showing as scheduled to record. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Must be something to do with Look North as I just set a series link for North West Tonight on the EPG and all the early and late evenings were scheduled to record.

Thanks for the response. Could well be something to do with Look North but just a bit strange that this hasn't occurred once in several years with the V6 box. Do you think a call into the VM technical team would be worthwhile? Thanks again.

The missing episodes don't appear in catch up either. Very strange.

You could try emailing the link below but I don't think they can resolve the problem but they might be able to forward it to someone who can unless it's a BBC metadata problem with the show.

tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk 

Thanks all. I'll give that a go. Not convinced the 360 box update from the V6 actually counts as progress sadly. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JCC1 wrote:

The missing episodes don't appear in catch up either. Very strange.

Depends what you mean by not appearing. BBC news programmes are rarely linked directly from the EPG because of timing issues with the EPG updates - but they are usually available a lot sooner if you load the iPlayer app and select them directly.

TV360 is very different to V6, and calling it an upgrade is a bit like saying any move between Apple & Android (in either direction) is equally an upgrade.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks