cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box causing electrical fault

Hairybumbum2008
Joining in

Hi,

Can anyone help please? Since saturday when I plugged my new 360 Virgin TV Box in my RCD has developed an isolated electricaly fault that causes it to trip. I know it is the virgin media 360 box because since I have unplugged it the electrics haven't tripped again. It has happened 5 times in the last 24hrs and 3 times since saturday so 7 times in total. Has anyone else experienced this and how did they fix it? new box being sent? Engineer visit, that would be a bit pointless as it may or may not happened when the new box is plugged in?

Any help or advice appreciated

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Hairybumbum2008

Sorry to hear of the electrical issues caused by your 360 box, we appreciate you raising this via the forums.

We're eager to get this looked into and I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob

roy247
Superstar

If you disconnect the 360 from the power supply and have the power supply plugged in does it still trip, if it does you probably only need a new power supply sending.

Cheers, engineer came to swap the box and everything. It no longer trips my electric.. They must be manufactured poorly these boxes to have an earth fault built in? Anyway top marks to virgin for sorting it so quickly 👍