cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have sound issues on Really channel, any ideas

Angiepod
Just joined

I have a tivo and the sound on Really channel is dodgy, we have retuned but no joy. Any ideas.

29 REPLIES 29

Indeed not local. We’re in Surrey and it’s mainly HGTV that has the problem. Please fix it, it’s very annoying 

We have this really for over a week now it time virgin sorted it out 

We pay a lot of money for a rubbish sevice

chrisme
Tuning in

I am having the same issue been like this on and off for a bout a week now 

Nothing on the virgin media site, rung up and as normal very hard to speakbto a human being but  no help as normal.

We have just been charged an extra 8.8 % as an yearly increase for what, the service was bad before it appears to have got no better even throughbtheyvare taking more money off plus

It's a total tip off

roy247
Superstar

Just checked and it's the same here, the Really channel uses the same mux as HGTV so is probably related to this problem.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Angiepod wrote:

we have retuned

What do you mean by "retuned"? Restarted your box, I presume?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Morgz84
Joining in

Nowt wrong with your Virgin services, exactly the same on Freesat.

It's also OK on my TV's freeview same as HGTV.

Both HGTV and Really are owned by Warner Brothers Discovery so that might explain why they both are having problems and the problem is possibly at their side not Virgins.

To clarify, the same intermittent sound issue is occurring on Freesat with Really and HGTV.   I’m not a Virgin customer but found this thread when searching the issue.  Thought I’d register and drop my 2 pennith before too many people frantically start retuning their boxes or trying to get on to customer services.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A couple of similar threads merged together, as mentioned by @roy247 HGTV is carried on the same mux & Really, but while I can replicate the issue on both, it's not evident (that I can tell) on 5Star or 5Select.

Interesting that the issue is also apparent on Freesat.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Davpears
Joining in

I live in Kent and also have intermittent sound on Channel 128 (Really TV) only ☹️… I’ve checked cables and TiVo box settings, no other channels causing any problems, so MUST be an issue at Virgins end - I hope someone from Virgin see’s this post and investigates - it’s VERY annoying 🤬